Jan Schultink posted this tip over at IdeaTransplant, where you’ll find all kinds of good ideas for your presentations. If you’re running Acrobat X or higher, you can embed video in a pdf file pretty easily:
- Save your presentation (PowerPoint or Keynote) as a PDF without the video
- Open the deck in Acrobat X and select tools at the top right
- Select multimedia, select video, and draw where your video should go with the cross hairs
- Select the video file, or insert a YouTube link (I went for the first option, the video size was below 10MB)
- Select advanced options, and select use poster image from file to pick the right cover
- Click done
I can only imagine how impressive and effective this technique is—I’m running Acrobat 8 and the embed doesn’t work on iPad. Still, this might be a technique to keep in mind to make presentations memorable.