If you want to get better at speaking in 2015, International Speech contestant Rich Hopkins has some questions for you to consider—
1) On a scale of 1 to 10, where would you rank your speaking skills now vs. a year ago? Where do they need to be for you to reach success a from now?
2) Are you a keynoter? A trainer? A coach? An information expert? How would you define yourself?
3) What do you want to speak about MOST?
4) How many times did you speak about was MOST interested you?
5) Do you know how what MOST interests you will most interest your AUDIENCE?
6) How many times did you speak last year? How many times outside of Toastmasters? How many times do you want to speak between now and Dec 31, 2015?
7) Did you get paid to speak or coach last year? How much do you want to make this year at either, or both?
8) How many products do you have to sell when you speak? If you could create ONE new product this year, what would it be?
9) Finally – what will you do again this year that worked in 2014, and what will you do different to ensure greater success in 2015?
Not sure how to answer? Or how to get the results IN your answers? Don’t go it alone. Make the first different action you take going into next year be getting a coach on board with you – someone you trust, someone who’s walked in the footsteps ahead of you.
Don’t be sitting down a year from now frustrated that you’re in the exact same place as you are right now if this isn’t where you want to be.